June 3, 2009

Get Your Guts in Gear

Before we dig to much farther into my Angry Ass story, I feel I should be clear as to why I'm even blogging, because let's face it this is a really embarassing part of my life.

I want my children to have drug therapy options that will work for them, no matter how sick they are. I want the scars that I carry to never touch my grandchildren. I want my epithet to read, "Colitis' Last Victim".

To make this vision come true I am participating in Get Your Guts in Gear, a 3 day 210 mile bike ride to support Crohn's and colitis. The money and awareness that Get Your Guts in Gear raises puts the Crohn's and colitis community one step closer to reaching my vision. So I'm going to train. And blog. And talk. And recruit. And raise money. I'm doing all of this so others will not bare the scars I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment