October 13, 2009

Before Any Long Journey, Always Use the Bathroom First


Week 15, Day 5

So it's pretty obvious that I haven't been blogging for the last month or two. Part of it is because my life has taken a bit of a turn, but the other, bigger part is I've had no idea what to write about.

Seriously, who wants to ready about another pregnant woman's journey to birth? Only grandmothers-to-be and some close friends who feel guilty or are pregnant themselves. Truth be told my experience is not really all that unique or interesting. Exciting, yes! Interesting, not so much.

Even more uninteresting, my first trimester has been relatively easy. Yes, I was tired and slept 10 hours a day, but who wants to read about me sleeping? Other than a few bouts of nausea I didn't have any morning sickness. In fact, the opposite happened for me-- I didn't want to eat or drink anything. That feeling did get me into trouble around Labor Day and I had to have a couple of bags of IV fluids pumped into me. But after that I've been fine.

It's still too early to tell if Amberic is going to be a little Ambrose or Ericka. I'm not showing, but my butt and boobs are getting huge along with my waist, but everything else is shrinking. The biggest decision we've made is not to repaint my former office, which is going to be Amberic's room. Right now it is a dark Merlot red. Amberic won't be able to see color, much less have an opinion about it for several months, so why waste the money changing something we already like? I'd rather save the money and time for when Amberic can say, "Mom, I hate my room. Can we paint it pastel green with a Noah's Ark theme?"

In fact, the most interesting part of my pregnancy is that for the first time in over 9 years I spend more time in the ladies room peeing than pooing.

So I'm going to be honest here. After the initial thrill of finding out your pregnant, and with the exception of some milestone events like hearing the heartbeat, pregnancy is turning out to be a very long, long waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment