October 15, 2009

Stallside Manner

I figured taking pictures in a public restroom ran a high risk of me being arrested, so today's photo is a random shot I took at the Wheatland Music Festival.
I have to admit there is a part of me, and I'm not sure how big that part is, that desperately wants to flush every single toilet in a public restroom, when someone is in a stall next to me on their cell phone.

Seriously.

The first time I heard a Stall Talker was at Meijer. And in that particular case I have to admit the phone call sounded really important-- the Stall Talker needed to pick up more ice cream. As a frequent user of public restrooms I'm overheard various conversations ranging from critical importance, e.g. we need more toilet paper at home, to the completely inappropriate, e.g. I think my husband is cheating on me. Come on people-- it's called text messaging for a reason-- it's silent.

My experience with yesterday's Stall Talker has by far been the most informative conversation I've ever eavesdropped on. Apparently, there is a medical terminology instructor at Baker College that is heinous! She makes you actually know how to spell words-- correctly! Big words. Words like radiculopathy, pregnancy and enema! How horrible. Seriously, I'm glad that I'm not studying to be a nurse, and neither will the Stall Talker after this class.


I don't really feel bad for her though. Call me crazy, but I think nurses should be able to spell words like anemia and enema. Having had and experience each word, I can tell you having those words inverted on your medical chart would be... inconvenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment